PDBC STUDYING GRADUAL REOPENING
Pioneer Drive Baptist Church alerted its members of a plan that is being studied for a gradual reopening of the church, based on advice from health professionals. The plan was laid out in an emailed newsletter.
Under the plan, in-person worship would resume June 7, “with social distancing protocols in place.” The first phase would include reopening church offices on a rotating basis beginning May 18.
Members will receive a church-wide survey in mid-May for feeback. The newsletter said in part:
“Our church leadership has been praying and meeting about what re-starting in-person ministry at Pioneer Drive may look like. As we have been meeting, we want you to know we have been guided by three driving factors:
- Our desire to express our love through protecting the health and safety of guests, church members, and especially our most at-risk members (1 Corinthians 13:1-13).
- Our desire to be reunited in person with our church family for worship, prayer, Bible Study, fellowship, evangelism, and ministry (Acts 2:42-47).
- Our desire to be good citizens, seek the welfare of our city (Jeremiah 29:7), and honor the guidelines and recommendations set out by governing authorities (Romans 13:1-7).
Based on these three factors, Pioneer Drive leadership is working on a three phased approach for re-opening our church building for ministry based on guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/) and recommendations from local health professionals and governmental authorities. This phased approach is based on our community reaching several indicators, which we will be monitoring closely before advancing to the next phase.
What follows is our tentative plan based on current indicators and reasonable projections that are subject to change.
Phase 1: (Tentatively May)
- Worship and Bible Study continues online and by radio
- May 18: Church-office re-opens on a rotating basis
- Mid May: Survey distributed via email
Phase 2: (Tentatively June)
- June 1: Office reopens to church staff
- June 7: Worship is held online, by radio, and in-person on the Pioneer Drive Campus with social distancing protocols in place
- Vulnerable populations encouraged to join by radio or livestream
Phase 3: (Tentatively July)
- Worship is held online, by radio, and in-person
- July 5: Bible Studies and Sunday School classes resume
- Vulnerable populations encouraged to attend with social distancing
Again, this plan is fluid and subject to change. Many more details will be released and preparations made as we get closer. However, we desire that you know what we are preparing and praying for, and hope you will join us in this prayer. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the church office during business hours (325-692-6776) or e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org.