Service Set for Episcopal Bishop Sam Hulsey
A memorial service for the Rt. Rev. Sam B. Hulsey, former bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Northwest Texas, which includes Abilene, is scheduled for 10 a.m. Friday August 6, 2021, at Trinity Episcopal Church in Fort Worth. The church is located at 3401 Bellaire Drive South, Fort Worth.
Hulsey, 88, died on August 6, 2020, exactly one year before the scheduled memorial service. The service was postponed due to the COVID outbreak a year ago. Hulsey was bishop of the Diocese of Northwest Texas from 1980 to 1997. The diocesan offices in Lubbock are in the Sam Byron Hulsey Episcopal Center.
Click here to read an article about Hulsey that was posted on the Episcopal Church in North Texas website following his death a year ago.
The Aug. 6 service will be livestreamed. Below are instructions to view the service via different sources.
(Please note, Trinity’s web broadcasts typically go live five minutes before the event’s posted start time. You may need to refresh your browser or app for the content to appear).
- Click here to visit and Like Trinity’s Facebook page. The livestream will appear in your news feed when they broadcast.
- If you want to watch on Facebook without a personal account, click this link to go to their live broadcast landing page. If you encounter problems, try this link to go to their Facebook video landing page.
- Click here to access Trinity’s YouTube channel.
- If you choose to subscribe to their channel you will be notified when a live broadcast begins (depending on the alert settings you’ve specified in your app or browser).
- Click here to access Trinity’s Vimeo channel.